Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Doctor appt.

Well hello all!
Today I went in for my ultra-sound and blood work. I got quite a scare while having my ultra-sound. The x-ray tech showed me four follicles on the right side one was 16.4, 15, 11, and 13. On the left side was another 16.4, and a few other small ones. And my uterine lining was "beautiful" it had some type of double lining she was showing me. So I thought ok things look good. Seeing that with my first IUI we only had one follicle that was 16.4. But then she said "well you have a lot so depending on your blood work will determine what they will do". Meaning cancel my IUI or convert me to IVF; which we cannot afford. So needless to say I was thrilled to have so many viable follicles but then scared to have them cancel because of so many.
Fast forward to this afternoon, I am super busy, I work in an elementary school clinic, I am red in the face and I have a headache that won’t quit. My nurse calls and said "well from your blood work....pause....everything looks good" "We are going to have you trigger tonight at 9pm, and have you come in on Wednesday morning." I of course had nothing to say but thank you’s and I was going to cry if you told me we were cancelling. She laughed and said "well you do have a lot going on down there, but we want to trigger you now so the other follicles don’t catch up." So thank you God we are going in for another try.
So the hubby and I have agreed if this IUI doesn’t work we are taking a month off and we will try again in April. So let’s just pray we get at least one baby out of this. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! TTYL!

2 comments: