Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2nd IUI done today

Hello peeps,
Just an update on today. We went in for my second IUI and it was much different than the first one. It was of course uncomfortable when she put the speculum in but that is always uncomfortable. But when she put the catheter in it was way different. I did ask her if she knew my cervix was turned and she looked at my chart and said yes it is turned to the left. So I felt pretty nervous and I wasn’t feeling that good that early in the morning so I just believed that the nurse was going to get it right the first time and quickly. And she did! So when she put the catheter in she said ok you are going to feel a cramp. And boy did I. It took me by surprise, it was a huge cramp. The nurse said it is similar to a labor pain. I thought holly molly. So needless to say this did not happen with my first IUI. So this leads me to believe that they didn’t get the catheter in....not sure but I would have remembered a cramp like that last time. All I had was burning. And the only reason you cramp is because your uterus is saying what the heck is that thing (catheter) get it out. So we have to have intercourse today and tomorrow. I am a bit sore so that wasn’t too fun, but I am doing what the nurse says. I have to take it easy for the next two weeks.
The nurse also said so when you get a positive pregnancy test call me and we will do blood work and go from there. I laughed and said I hope we have a positive pregnancy test.
As we walked out I was looking at the huge to floor to ceiling frames they have in the office with baby pictures and I just love seeing the twins and triplets. I actually let myself accept the fact that I am allowed and deserve to have babies too.
Anyway my husband was off today and he and his brother planted flowers and put down mulch in our side beds and front bed, it looks so spring like. It made me so hopeful and happy.
Here comes the 2 WW.
Love yall! TTYL. :)

2 comments: