Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Vacation and baby on the brain

So we are finally on our vaca. The hubby and I started in Texas and went on into New Mexico. We stayed one night there and then when into Arizona. After seven hours (ugh) we got to the Grand Canyon. AMAZING!!! I cannot believe the United States has this jewel. It is huge I mean huge; so huge your brain cannot wrap itself around the idea of there being something this big in the ground. My husband, Jesus and I were so awe struck. After we left there we went down the bumpy, car sickness filled ride down the gravel road to get back onto the main hwy. So after about an hour we get back onto the hwy and head to Vegas. When we got to the Hoover Dam I freaked. I hate, I mean HATE heights. So I had to pull over for Jesus to drive. He was a bit annoyed; he had been trying to sleep and reluctantly did what I asked. So we drive over the dam, I cannot see down to what it really looks like since it was dark (thank goodness). So now we are onto Vegas. Vegas is like a small NYC in my opinion, but it was nice to say I have been there. We stayed in the Paris hotel; which really made me happy even though we were grumpy, dirty, tired, and hungry. For just a night I felt like I was back in Paris, France; if only for a few hours. So we checked in after being redirected three times, three times; to the check in. We check in, and I am really pissed by this point we are loaded down with luggage and tiredness and we finally get to our room. It is beautiful, but then again anything Parisian is awesome to me. Okay so we are starving, I shower and try to revive myself to try and face the Vegas strip. We go out and try and find food. WTF? Its only 11 and everything is closed....? We find a hot dog place called Pinks, 20 bucks for hot dogs? Yeah that’s right. Whatever, so we go back upstairs and seriously my head hits the pillow and I am out like a light. After Vegas we head to California. We get to Mammoth Lakes, CA and stay at the Juniper Springs Resort. Outside of our condo you can see snow capped mtns. SERIOUSLY!!! Now look we are from TEXAS, you don’t see that down there. And as I come into our condo I walk outside to our patio and then it begins to snow!!! Not much but it did snow. I was in love. That night we went to an Irish pub and I had fish and chips so good! Two nights there.
The next day we went to Yosemite and of course Jesus and I have to argue. DUH! Where would we be on a freaking vaca if we were not getting on each other’s nerves?! So after an hour we liked each other again. Thanks God! We saw so many beautiful things that again I was confused as to how there are these things in our back yard. K so when we left Mammoth Lakes we went to see the gi-normous red wood trees. Now when I say gi-normous I meant it. There were some as wide as a car or two, and as big around as ten trees. CRAZY!!! Okay so now we are done there, I again felt dirty and dusty this was not supposed to be a part of the deal people! So again we are on the road and 7 hours later we are in San Francisco, we get lost for at least an hour and finally come to a severely steep road. We go through a tunnel and we arrive at our hotel. It is so hip and funky, black and white and crystal chandeliers. Who would not be in love? The only thing I am not cool with is there is a vintage elevator that we did get stuck on today. We had to call the emergency people to reset the damn thing. Good thing I am not that claustrophobic. And oh yeah I forgot there is no door on the bathroom wtf? And there is no AC, so we have to leave the window open at night. Why can’t there be a screen on the window? Whatever, damn Californians. Ok so we went and did some sightseeing today and ate at a traditional Chinese restaurant; now let me tell you it was great food. It was exactly what I was looking for. They gave us hot tea when we got there; we ordered wonton soup (hand made), shrimp with mushrooms, and chicken with rice. We both had lemonade but mine had sprite it in. HEAVEN! I will recreate that concoction fo sho! Ok so we were walking in the Golden Gate Park and it finally dawned on me I really want a baby. Like for some reason today I had had enough. There were so many young couples walking around with these ridiculously cute babies and in my mind I could see myself being a crazy lady and grabbing their too cute of a kid and hauling ass down the road. So after kicking myself back into reality I told Jesus look can we do IUI? He said he didn’t care, I of course said look you are my husband I need your thoughts. He said simply I want a kid that’s all there is to it. That was all I needed, so I txt my sister and let her know we would not be able to go with her to Disney this xmas since we were going to start saving. I was so relieved when she said ok I support you in whatever you do. I felt a huge weight off of my shoulders. We are finally going to take the next step. I am scared shitless of course but so ready to take the next step. I of course already feel like it will not work, but I have to try. I feel terrible that I have not done anything in a month. I know it is pointless to keep trying ourselves but when we were I felt like I was in some type of control. Very funny I know. So here goes another journey. Well we won’t be able to do this until December; because I have to save but here’s to it. Alright I think that there is enough to read. Updates are coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment