Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Art fart

So I am going to school right now for a Bachelors in Social Science, then I will do an alternate certification for Art. I want to teach art. But I just came back from dropping off a trash can (a kid threw up in music) so I stopped by one of the art teacher's rooms. I had noticed she had all kinds of art work displayed at the front of her room. The one that caught my eye was a painting of a girl identical to the one from the National Geographic magazine. The girl in the painting wore fabric of copper over her brown hair, her green eyes were electric. I suddenly began to shrink into myself. What if I am not talented enough to do this? I don't draw, so I would never have paintings like hers to display for my students. I am panicking now, I want to finish my degree but I also feel like what if I am not talented enough for teaching art. I thought I could get away with not being able to draw, especially when I see these projects they do with they kids. Well that's settled I just have to stick with elementary. Anyway I am expecting AF next Wednesday. Sucks sucks sucks!!!

2 comments:

  1. As a teacher that often has to do things that I haven't been trained to do, in some ways being crafty is a good thing as well. Many times I was supplying in the art class and although I can't draw, I am still able to assist with colour choice and other things, especially in mix media art. So while drawing isn't your thing, I am sure that there is other art that you can do that will look just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg you are awesome, thanks so much for being supportive. I am back from la la land and still pushing towards my dream. :)

    ReplyDelete