Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Monarch butterflies

The Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos
So I know I am going to sound like a total geek, but this totally made me happy. So the hubby and I have been noticing that our milk weed plants are starting to get chomped on. I had researched and Monarchs usually don’t fly down here to Texas until fall. So for a couple of weeks I kept thinking what in the world is eating this toxic plant? But today I saw two monarchs flying and landing on our butterfly bush. I got soooo excited, like I said I know I am a geek. Anyway so I decided to start snooping around and we both saw black little things stuck to the leaves, eggs? Well I don’t know but I kept looking and there he was a baby monarch caterpillar chomping away. I know this sounds stupid but it’s like preparing something for nature and nature truly taking over. I did it!!! Anyway I have some milk weed seeds, and I am going to plant them in hopes they will be around for fall for the coming Monarchs. Anyway little things make me happy what can I say? :)butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

  1. That reminds of me Tori... "milkwood and some silkwood" :) I think that's how it went anyway - my memory aint as good as it used to be, ooookay! BTW I don't think your blog should be called your infertile journey... but your fertile journey :) Because you are NOT infertile! Just saaaayin... Love you!

    ReplyDelete