Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Appendix out and my baby shower

So it has been a very interesting couple of days. My hubby and I were celebrating our bdays at my moms with friends and family when he started feeling bad this past Saturday. He said his stomach hurt and that he just wanted to rest. So he did and later he came out for cake and presents. We went home and went to bed. But throughout the night he complained of pain on his right side. I knew that it must be his appendix. So the next morning, much to my prodding we went to the hospital where after and ultra-sound we saw it was indeed an inflammed appendix. Many hours later he went into surgery. Needless to say I was very nervous. 45 mins after he went in he was out and very drugged up. I felt so sorry for him. We went home 24 hours later and he is so much better. Just a bit sore but feeling good.
Now in a couple of days we are having my baby shower the baby shower is on my actual bday. Now tell me am I totally selfish if I want people to show up to my baby shower? What does that say about me? I guess it says that I hope I have been a nice enough friend and that people like me.....and of course gifts for twins is nice. Anyway I was looking at our baby registry and there are at least 10-15 items purchased and I just want to see if this means people are showing up. The other good thing is now my hubby is going to the baby shower. He was going to work that day, I didnt want him to be overwhelmed by women and baby stuff so we had decided he wouldnt come till later. But at least his being there will make me feel special.
Anywho the babies have names now.....Samual and Samantha. I know they are so similar and trust me we have tried to figure out other names, but we just love these names. So at least that is figured out. Lots of kicking lately and we are in our 23rd week. I am already uncomfortable, sore back and I go a bit more slowly these days.
I go back to work in three weeks, not excited about it. But it will give me something to do until babies are here and then I will never know what time is again.
I go into the doctor next week then two weeks later we do our glucose test. The hubby and I are going in for an ultra-sound on the 8th. Always excited to see the babies.
So until later TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment