Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

2011

Hello everyone I’m finally writing again. Christmas was fun; we had some friends over for dinner since my mom and sister were out of town this year. I talked to my dad which I have not spoken to him in three months. We have a very weird relationship or a pretend relationship. My parents divorced when I was nine and my dad moved to California. So needless to say I don’t know my dad at all. So we are going to try again to have some type of normal relationship this year. And as for 2011? I am going to lose weight and I mean it this time, no more joke. I know I can be healthy and skinny and maybe even get knocked up by doing it....here’s to hoping!

2 comments:

  1. I am admittedly very upset right now over a heated conversation that just took place, and I don't know where else to release that steam. I’m sure I’ll step on some toes in the process. I usually do. Frankly, I don’t care this time. Dads need to stop leaving their kids, and I’m tired of men not being the ones to say it. I’m tired of the world tip-toeing around these guys’ feelings. I’m really tired of society acting like such behavior is now “normal” or “expected”. I’m tired of the media making light of it. I'm tired of the emails and comments from endless mothers who've been thrown under the bus. More than anything, I’m tired of dads not taking their responsibilities and duties seriously.







    Proud to be a Single Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. No toes stepping here. I agree with you! Men need to be men and not walk away from their responsbilities. Thanks for the thoughts!

    ReplyDelete