Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey day and an interesting topic...

girl Pictures, Images and Photos


Well first of all Happy Gobble Gobble day! And now here is my interesting topic of the day. I was over at my mom's last night cooking for today and we began to watch a show on Discovery Health Channel. This show was about four women three from the U.K. and one from NY, these women all had children of their own already. And when I say that I don’t say it lightly, they each had either 6 or 4 boys. But these women were determined to have a girl. So....they began to take some type of injection drug that would help them in getting a female embryo. I know, I know, it makes me sick too. And by the way if I am offending anyone I apologize but this makes me soooo mad!!!
These women already have healthy children that they bore themselves yet they still were "depressed" because they wanted a daughter so much. Seriously?!! What made me even more disturbed was when one woman goes into see what gender she is having. The x-ray tech says are you ready? This woman says "I think I see what it is" she then proceeds to cover her face and cry. Her husband is sitting next to her and he hugs her. But oh get this; she says "well he is cute”. WTF?????? You better say that you lunatic or you are going to give this kid and complex when he watches this on TV when he is older. I honestly wanted to punch each and everyone one of these women. Let’s just line them up and begin smacking them around a little bit. And one of the other women who was in her mid forties had been trying for 20 years for a girl. Ok now that is plain out crazy. I know I'm obsessed but that’s down right retarded. And I don’t care how old you are, if you are trying for a baby and you are in your late 30’s early 40’s and you just got married I get it. But no if you already have 6 of your own enough is enough!!! These women need to be strapped into a straight jacket and tossed into a padded cell for a little while. That will make them love their boys real quick.


Ok that’s that, and another fun topic. As we sat at my parent’s dining room table this afternoon, the baby topic gets brought up again by my sister-in-law. God love her but she has five kids and had no problem having them. She means well and is always super sweet but you know us infertiles we get on the defense with fertile women. These are the facts, for me at least. So of course my parents chime in, “oh it will happen when it’s supposed to happen” “it will happen when you are done with school” “it will happen when you are least expecting it”. I’m sorry but I am always expecting it and I will never be able to forget it, so I guess I’m screwed on that hope of becoming oblivious. Then later my sister-in-law says well have you had your CM checked? I said no and I cannot go back to the doc because my deductible is crazy high, this was by ourselves by the way not in front of my parents, that would have been interesting. She then said well take Robitussin and it should help. First of all I take evening primrose, and I have great CM. And I hate Robitussin. So unless my CM is hostile and killing our little solders’ I am fine.
So yeah that is how my Thanksgiving lunch went, and now I get to go to my sister’s house for dinner. Yeah me…..

No comments:

Post a Comment